Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Author Spotlight: Lila Diller

Hi friends! Today, our author spotlight is on Lila Diller. Everyone, say hello to Lila! She is one of my critique partners. Without further ado, let's get to know Lila and her book Her Heart's Decision.





















Author Bio:
A die-hard lover of stories, introverted Lila loves to learn about people through imagination. When not writing fiction, she’s homeschooling her two boys, editing, blogging, connecting on social media, and pretending her dishes aren't screaming to be cleaned. Having grown up in rural Idaho, she enjoys the small town in NC where she lives with her husband, two energetic boys, and a calico cat. Her passion for fellow believers, especially in fighting the climbing divorce rate inside the church and in worshiping through every circumstance leads her to tackle these problems one blog post at a time and through three published novels since 2017. Join her on a quest for romance—both in fiction and in real life—on her blog at www.liladiller.com.


Info on Her Heart's Decision:
Her Heart's Decision, #1 in the “Love is” series, begins with an inspiring love triangle based on Christian values. Morgan wonders if her boss, Jason, might be her true love, but just as romance begins to bloom, her old flame Tony bursts back into her life and tries to woo her. How will Morgan choose her soulmate?

You can read this book for free when you sign up for my email list at https://www.liladiller.com/landingpagefor1. Or you can buy it for only $0.99 on Amazon or listen to the audiobook. All links are listed on my website at https://www.liladiller.com/books.

Overview of Lila's Books
The “Love is” series is based on the Bible's definition of true agape love in 1 Corinthians 13. It's a contemporary Christian Romance following Morgan’s saga from her first-person point of view and is set in a fictional small town in North Carolina. Morgan deals with dating, engagement, marriage, babies, family drama, and friend troubles in this realistic look at how agape love can be lived out by ordinary Christians.

I also just finished a speculative Biblical fiction about Judas Iscariot. I'm really excited about it! I'm shopping it around to agents right now.


Inspiration for Her Heart's Decision:
I came up with the idea for the entire series first, each book focusing on how a description of true love from 1 Corinthians 13 might be played out in real life. Everything in the books is fiction; none of it actually happened in real life. But the characters, some of the conversations they had, and much of the backstories of the main characters were inspired by my life and the lives of those closest to me. The story of how Morgan's sister Amy Grace attempted suicide was almost exactly how I found out that my sister attempted suicide. Thankfully, the Lord did a great work in her life, and she is doing much better.

My Writing Process:
My process has changed. When I first started, I wrote from the beginning of chapter 1 to The End. There was then a lot of revising and editing involved. Now I try to pre-write more. The better vision I have for more scenes in the book, the easier it is to write and the less revising I need to do. I have found that while I love editing other authors' books (as I do from time to time if anyone is interested), I do not like revising my own work. I'm too close to it. And while I am a very detail-oriented person, I have trouble seeing the big picture. So I need another set of eyes to give me big-picture feedback.

Friends, I sure hope you enjoyed getting to know Lila Diller and Her Heart's Decision.



Below are links to connect with Lila:

I would love to connect with you! You can find me on my blog at www.liladiller.com/blog,
my books at www.liladiller.com/books,
Amazon at www.amazon.com/author/liladiller,
Bookbub at https://www.bookbub.com/profile/lila-diller,
Facebook at www.facebook.com/loveisseries,
Instagram at www.instagram.com/liladiller,
Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/liladiller


Thank you so much for joining us, Lila!

If you're an author and you'd like to be showcased here, just let me know. Must be inspirational or clean, can be fiction or nonfiction.
Check out my website, connect with me, and sign up for my newsletter. https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/

2 comments: