Friday, August 21, 2020

Review of The Ultimate Authorship Planner by Audrey Ann Hughey

I have been using The Ultimate Authorship Planner by Audrey Ann Hughey for the past year. This planner is awesome! From planning my blog posts to keeping up with word counts to following exercise and daily and weekly goals, this planner has it all!

The front of the book has a section for your vision, mapping your goals, story ideas, expenses, marketing, social media planning, and reflections. The whole beginning of the book sets up success for your year. Then it is broken down into monthly sections. 

 

 

When the month starts, there is a page for monthly reflection, where you can write out what you learned, accomplished, etc. from the previous month. Then, there is a section for what you want to accomplish in the current month, like priorities, sales goals, and social media and newsletter plan. The Monthly Overview is what helped me when I started scheduling authors on my blog. It was a lifesaver! I could see at a glance, who was scheduled to appear on each day, and I quickly set up a system to use to know who had already submitted materials and which ones I'd already uploaded and scheduled on my blog. I could also write in any blogs I was visiting so I wouldn't forget to send in my post.

After this section, the monthly section is broken down into 5 weekly sections, Monday through Friday. You can track your weekly priorities, writing goal for the week, daily priorities for each day, daily exercise, etc. This weekly breakdown kept me on track for writing and exercising goals, and how much writing I was actually getting done.



Each quarter also has a reflect and resolve section to measure where you are and where you want to be. This is a great way to review what worked and what didn't work for the current quarter, and what steps you can take to rectify what didn't work for the next quarter.



The last section helps you put the year into perspective. Putting all the quarters together gives you an overview of how your year went. I found since everything was kept in one book, it was easier to keep inputting information from day to day and week to week. The monthly view was my biggest asset to this book. Being able to see at a glance what was coming up for the month really kept me on track. At the back of the book are several blank pages for My Musings. I used these pages to write notes about anything and everything. There is a date column to coincide with the musing line. It worked really well in keeping my thoughts in line, either keeping track of thoughts or ideas for posts, to characterizations for characters, to a show I wanted to watch on TV.

Have you used this planner or another planner? How did it go? Let's share what worked and didn't work. This planner really worked for me and I will be getting another one to start next year off right!



Follow my blog so you don't miss a post. I post book reviews on Fridays and author spotlights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Wednesdays are devotional posts or posts related to writing or another topic. If you'd like to submit a book review or an author spotlight, content must be for inspirational or clean stories, fiction or nonfiction. You can contact me through my website listed below. I also post the first Thursday of the month at https://seriouslywrite.blogspot.com/

Check out my website, connect with me, and sign up for my newsletter. https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment