Thursday, October 29, 2020

Author Spotlight: Lisa Harris

Hi friends! Today, our author spotlight is on Lisa Harris! Everyone, say hello to Lisa! Without further ado, let's get to know Lisa and her book The Escape.


Author Bio:
I’m a wife, mom, teacher, author, dreamer, photographer, world explorer, but most importantly a follower of Christ Jesus. I currently live with my husband near the Indian Ocean in Mozambique where we work as church-planting missionaries. We’ve started the empty nest stage, which means I’m always ready for school breaks and visits! I see my writing as an extension of my ministry which also includes running a non-profit organization. The ECHO Project works in southern Africa promoting Education, Compassion, Health, and Opportunity and is a way for us to “speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.” (Proverbs 31:8) When I’m not working l love hanging out with my family at the beach, playing games, cooking different ethnic dishes, and heading into the African bush on safari.


Here's Lisa!

Thanks so much for having me on your blog! My names is Lisa Harris and I write both Romantic Suspense and Medical Thrillers. My family and I have lived in southern Africa for almost two decades, though we are now back in the states and unable to return for now due to Covid travel restrictions. What a crazy year! The blessing of this is being close to family!

I’m excited to share with you my latest release that comes out in just a couple days. THE ESCAPE is book one in a brand-new series based around the US Marshal service! I loved the research of both the Marshals as well as the terrain as my hero and heroine are forced to embark on the cross-country chase of a fugitive.

When I started researching the US Marshals for this story, I’ll admit, I didn’t know very much about this federal law enforcement agency. I was fascinated by what I learned. The US Marshals Service has served our country since 1789, and while they don’t investigate or prosecute crimes, they do put their own lives on the line every day by pursuing dangerous fugitives and getting them off the streets. They are also involved in judicial security, prisoner transportation, and serve as custodians of property seized from illegal activities. I spent hours doing extensive research by listening to podcasts, reading non-fiction books by US Marshals, and, of course, using the internet. I also have an author friend who was able to get me in contact with a Marshal who answered one of my questions.

While the story starts off in the Pacific Northwest where I grew up, then moves quickly from Idaho to Texas in a cross-country chase. I’m always looking for unique settings for my stories, and the California Zephyr fit perfect into my story. The iconic train makes a daily trip between San Francisco and Chicago every day and travels just over 2400 miles as it passes through the Sierra Nevadas, the Rockies and Colorado’s canyons, the plains of Nebraska, and across the mighty Mississippi. There are glass domes for sightseeing, to ensure passengers don’t miss any of the incredible scenery.

I was able to snap a few photos of the train in Colorado last fall which was fun. Adding a legendary steamliner like the California Zephyr to a story takes extra time and research, but it’s worth the effort to create the added layers to adrenaline-fueled fiction!


The Escape Blurb

US Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn are thrust into a high-profile case when they are called on to transport two prisoners across the country on a private plane. But when the plane experiences engine trouble en route from the Pacific Northwest to Colorado, the pilots crash-land the aircraft deep in the heart of the sprawling Salmon-Challis National Forest. When Madison and Jonas regain consciousness, they find both pilots and one prisoner dead--and one fugitive on the run. They'll have to negotiate the rugged and remote backcountry through Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado while tracking a murderer who is desperate to disappear--and will do anything to stop them.


I love hearing from my readers! You can visit my website or join my private Facebook group.

Happy reading!!

Lisa Harris

Purchase Link
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Escape-US-Marshals-Lisa-Harris/dp/080073730X/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=the+escape+lisa+harris&qid=1603851210&sr=8-1


Friends, I sure hope you enjoyed getting to know Lisa Harris and The Escape.



Thank you so much for joining us, Lisa!


If you're an author and you'd like to be showcased here, just let me know. Must be inspirational or clean, can be fiction or nonfiction.
Check out my website, connect with me, and sign up for my newsletter. https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me stop by, Sally!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing today, Lisa!! I loved learning the behind the scenes information to writing The Escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa and Sally....good to see you! I can't wait to read The Escape; love all of Lisa's books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete