Monday, October 26, 2020

Author Spotlight: Shannon Redmon

Hi friends! Today, our author spotlight is on Shannon Redmon! Everyone, say hello to Shannon! Without further ado, let's get to know Shannon and her book Cave of Secrets.

 

Author Bio:
Shannon Redmon remembers the first grown-up book she checked out from the neighborhood bookmobile. A Victoria Holt novel with romance, intrigue, dashing gentlemen and ballroom parties captivated her attention. For her mother, the silence must have been a pleasant break from non-stop teenage chatter, but for Shannon, those stories whipped up a desire and passion for writing.

Shannon hopes her stories immerse readers into a world of joy and escape while encouraging faith, hope, and love for those around us. Her debut novel Cave of Secrets will be released by Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line in October 2020 and her other published works have appeared in Spark magazine, Splickety magazine, The Horse of My Dreams compilation book, Romantic Moments compilation book, the Lightning Blog and the Seriously Write blog. She won first place in the Foundation Awards and is represented by Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency.

Here's Shannon!

My writing process…

When I was writing Cave of Secrets, I got up at five in the morning and would write for two hours before work and also on weekends. I have to have complete undistracted time to really immerse myself into my characters. One knock on the door or chime on a telephone pulls me from their world and takes me about thirty minutes to get back to that place of creativity. I start with an idea, that comes from friends, a dream I have, stories others tell me, crime shows that I watch on television or website topics that spark an interest. I try to keep my story realistic and plausible to what could truly happen; however, when I talk to others about some of the interesting situations from their lives, I can barely believe the true stories that happen to them. There are just some unhinged people out there who do evil things; however, I always want my stories to bring the faith, hope, and love of Jesus into my readers' lives. If I accomplish making someone’s day brighter with His truth, then I’ve accomplished God’s calling on my life.

Cave of Secrets About the Book

One day when two of my friends expressed an interest in helping me brainstorm a story, I tossed out a couple of ideas. One of them said “Ooo, wouldn’t it be cool if your heroine found a dead body in a cave on her property,” and Cave of Secrets was born.

This was my fourth book and I’d been trying to get published. God had encouraged me with little wins—a short story published in magazines, winning an unpublished awards ceremony, and contracting with an amazing agent, but landing that elusive book deal was much harder. I learned a pertinent lesson through it all. Just because a story is well written doesn’t necessarily mean it fits the market and if it doesn’t fit what the publisher wants, then it will stay in the drawer like my first three books. Thankfully, Cave of Secrets did meet what Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense Senior Editor, Tina James had in mind and I was offered a contract. One of the best blessings God has given me…other than my family, of course. 😊

The first week Cave of Secrets was released, the book landed at number 19 on Bookscan’s Top 100 Romance Bestsellers, so I hope more readers will invest in Zain and Carli’s story and enjoy their suspenseful love story like so many others!

Cave of Secrets Blurb
What she uncovers may get her killed
When Carli Moore finds the body of Zain Wescott's missing sister on her family's ranch, Zain is convinced Carli's brother is the murderer. But Carli's sure Zain is wrong, and she'll prove it--if the killer doesn't take out both her and Zain first. Now they just have to live long enough to uncover the truth...and bring a murderer to justice.

 
Purchase Link for Cave of Secrets:

Walmart: https://bit.ly/3lY4Woa
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3ojtPfv
Barnes&Noble: https://bit.ly/2J1J6kS
Target: https://bit.ly/35ccUEf

Connect with Shannon:

www.shannonredmon.com
www.suspensesquad.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/shannon.redmon
TW: https://www.twitter.com/shannon_redmon
LI: https://linkedin.com/in/shannonredmon/


Friends, I sure hope you enjoyed getting to know Shannon Redmon and Cave of Secrets.



Thank you so much for joining us, Shannon!


If you're an author and you'd like to be showcased here, just let me know. Must be inspirational or clean, can be fiction or nonfiction.
Check out my website, connect with me, and sign up for my newsletter. https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/


1 comment: