Thursday, October 22, 2020

Author Spotlight: Virginia Vaughan

Hi friends! Today, our author spotlight is on Virginia Vaughan! Everyone, say hello to Virginia! Without further ado, let's get to know Virginia her book Texas Holiday Hideout.


Author Bio:
Virginia Vaughan is a multi-published author of inspirational romantic suspense. Blessed to come from a large, southern family, her fondest memories include listening to stories recounted by family and friends around the large dinner table. She was a lover of books even from a young age, devouring gothic romance novels and stories of romance, danger, and love. She soon started writing them herself. A former investigator for the State of Mississippi, Virginia utilizes her criminal justice background with her love of writing to transform words into powerful stories of romance and danger. Her thirteenth novel with Love Inspired Suspense, TEXAS HOLIDAY HIDEOUT, is now available.


Here's Virginia!

People always ask me where I get my ideas for my stories. The answer is I do a lot of reading, listening to True Crime podcasts, watching TV shows and playing the what-if game with true life events chronicled in the news. But, often, that’s just not enough and I find myself stuck on some plot point or missing piece of evidence. That’s when I turn to family!

I can often be found wandering through the house mumbling about a plot point that just won’t work or trying to figure out how best to kill a character or where to dump a body. During these times, I’ve been known to draw my family into my nefarious plotting and, strangely enough, they’re always eager to help.

From the 10 y/o who wants every villain to be a giant robot terrorizing the city – maybe I’ll write that one day.

The 12 y/o who is way too into the blood and gore stuff—Uhm, no, I’ll never write that.

My grown son who draws on his vast TV watching experience. He seriously saved my plot once with something he saw on Burn Notice. 😊

To my mother who is oddly adept at seeking out places to dump a body – wonder if she ever thought she’d be having that conversation with her daughter! LOL

I rely on the people in my life to help draft these stories and they’re always willing to do so. Just the other day, I was stuck on a particular problem in my manuscript so I was discussing the story with my son as we carried out the garbage. I made certain to explain to him how I wanted to abduct and kill this woman but I needed a good place to hide her body. My son came up with some good ideas that ultimately worked. However, based on the horrified look and brisk steps of our neighbor as he walked his dog, he obviously overheard our conversation and I can only assume we are now on some community watch list.

So the next time you’re in a café or restaurant and you overhear the people at the next table plotting something unthinkable, before you call the cops, consider that they’re probably just suspense writers doing their thing.

Or, better yet, maybe slowly get up and leave before you wind up in their next novel. 😊

Check out my latest release from Love Inspired Suspense--plotted as always with help from the family!

 

Texas Holiday Hideout Blurb

When her identity’s exposed,

hiding on a lawman’s family ranch is her last hope.

After her mother is killed, Melissa Morgan’s shocked to learn she’s spent her life in witness protection. Now it’s US marshal Miles Avery’s job to keep her and her little boy safe. And with a mole in his agency, the only way to evade the killer is to hide Melissa on Miles’s family ranch…and pretend she’s his wife for the holidays.



Purchase Link:

Amazon -- https://amzn.to/304JDse

Connect with Virginia:

Email Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/dtFeVP
Website: www.virginiavaughanonline.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ginvaughanbooks
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Virginia-Vaughan/e/B00EXQFMIM
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/virginia-vaughan

Friends, I sure hope you enjoyed getting to know Virginia Vaughan and Texas Holiday Hideout.



Thank you so much for joining us, Virginia!


If you're an author and you'd like to be showcased here, just let me know. Must be inspirational or clean, can be fiction or nonfiction.
Check out my website, connect with me, and sign up for my newsletter. https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/



3 comments: