Saturday, July 18, 2020

To My Son on His Wedding Day

To My Son on His Wedding Day


I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.

Your first steps, your first words, your first day of school.

I remember all your lasts. The last tooth you lost. Your last day of high school. Your last night at home. Your last day in Virginia.

Now, you are starting a whole new list of firsts. Your first day married. Sharing a life with your wife. Your new name: husband.

I love you so much, son. Here’s to all those upcoming firsts. And to giving me a beautiful, smart, loving daughter.


To My New Daughter on Her Wedding Day

I remember the day I met you for the first time.

We went to the covered bridge and toured campus. We then went to the Museum of Geosciences at Derring Hall and viewed the fossils, volcanoes, and rocks.




















I said I didn't even know I had been missing you.

You filled a piece in my heart I didn't know was empty waiting for you to complete it.

Today, I give you my heart, my son.

Here's to your new life together. Your new names as husband and wife. Your new days together, praying together, loving together, making a life together. I pray God richly blesses your life.

I love you, my daughter!


Cory and Mercy, I love you both so much! Happy Wedding Day!!
July 18, 2020

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing and from your heart and soul. Happy wedding day to my nephew! He has such an amazing heart that shows from the inside out! I cannot wait to watch today! I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Blessings to the newlyweds as they begin their life together! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, absolutely beautiful. I pray Cory and Mercy have a wonderful life together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Sally. I wish them all the best in their future together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new daughter just gained an awesome new Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I got an awesome new daughter too! Cannot wait to start this new journey.

      Delete