Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Son John By Kathi Macias

How well do you really know someone? Even your own family? My Son John is a haunting tale of a mother’s worst nightmare. Liz Peterson receives word that her mother has died. But there’s more. She finds out that she was murdered. After the police question her and her family, Liz finds out that her son John has been arrested for the crime. Life as she has known it ceases to exist. Where is God when tragedy strikes and everyone has deserted you and you feel so alone and incapable? How can Liz go on living life knowing her son has killed her mother? Can Liz continue to love her son in spite of his murderous act? Mercy, grace, love, and hope resonant throughout this unforgettable story of forgiveness. My Son John should come with a warning. I cried, laughed, felt the mother’s pain, and absorbed the feeling of grace and forgiveness that just lifted off each page. Love no matter what, no matter how they turn out, no matter what they do, just keep on loving. What wonderful inspiration, and for it to come from Liz’s father who is in a nursing home and doesn't remember anyone was definitely word from God in Liz’s time of need. Isn’t this how God loves us? Unconditionally, no matter what. The whole time I was reading this book, the song Forgiveness by Matthew West played in my mind. I cannot wait to read more books by Kathi Macias. She does a superb job of intertwining Liz, her husband Charles, and their daughter Sarah’s reactions and journey from learning John has committed murder to acceptance and forgiveness. You must have faith—trust in God no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for the lovely review, my friend. If you could post it on Amazon I would greatly appreciate it. Meanwhile I will share this in various places. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete