Thursday, December 12, 2013

This is Your Captain Speaking By: Gavin MacLeod

Have you ever read a book and just smiled when you finished reading it? This is one of those books. I loved reading MacLeod’s story of his life. When I got the chance to review this book from Booksneeze, I jumped at the chance. I grew up watching The Love Boat and I wanted to read the Captain’s story. I laughed, cried, cheered, cringed, and felt at peace as MacLeod told his life’s story from wanting to act from a young age to spending the rest of his life telling people about Jesus. What a remarkable actor! Who did MacLeod team up with when he was first starting out? How did he become the captain of The Love Boat? Want the scoop on some of Hollywood’s top actors and actresses? It’s all in this book. From MacLeod realizing his identity comes through his Lord and Savior and his relationship to God, to God having control over what happened in his life, you’ll find it all here in this very candid biography of his life, his loses, and everything he’s gained. I recommend this book for anyone who remembers the Captain, or anyone wanting to see an encouraging voyage through Hollywood. MacLeod’s faith shines through to the end. He inspires me to do all I can for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment