Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Though My Heart Is Torn By: Joanne Bischof

This is the second book in this series. I could not put this book down! I connected with Lonnie and Gideon in book one and it didn’t stop in this book! Their heart may have been torn, but so was mine. I could not believe what was happening and what they were going through. Rarely have I ever gotten so attached to a character, much less two of them, that I could not wait to read the next book in the series. That’s where I am with this one. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next book. Joanne Bischof does an excellent job of telling a story and incorporating characters that you will care about and pull for. Lonnie and Gideon O’Riley were joined in a shotgun wedding in book one, Be Still My Soul. In this book, Though My Heart Is Torn, we find out that Gideon is still married to his first wife! How can that be? The ruse is believable and this story takes off again. Lonnie and Gideon are separated. Gideon is reunited with his first wife, Cassie Allan. Can Gideon just take his heart back and give it to Cassie? We find it isn’t that easy. Gideon and Lonnie must figure out how to fall out of love with each other and move on with their lives without each other. Can they do this while holding onto their faith in God? Can they hold on and wait to see what God has in store for them? Sometimes waiting is the hardest part. Does Cassie get what she wanted out of Gideon? Can Lonnie move on without Gideon in her life, especially once she meets the new reverend? You’ll have to read this book to find out! Once you finish this one, you will not be able to wait to read the next one! Great job Joanne Bischof! I cannot wait to read more of your books!

No comments:

Post a Comment