Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Don't Be Distracted by What's Going on Around You

Hello friends! It's great to see you here today. My husband and I got back from visiting our son in Florida last week. I kept getting distracted by the airplanes. He lives close to the airport. Airplanes and military jets flew by every few minutes close enough to touch. I could hear them taking off, and I’d run outside to watch them, until I figured out to just take my chair outside on the porch 😊. Where I live in Virginia, we don’t get many planes flying overhead, but when they do, I run outside to see them. As these plans flew by my son’s house, I would eagerly await the next one so I could watch it.




















I learned a lesson in this. Instead of being distracted by what’s going on around me, I should be listening, watching, following what God’s doing in my life. I should be just as eagerly awaiting what God’s going to do next, instead of worrying about what is going wrong or could go wrong.

Look beyond to what God’s doing on a higher level. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. His ways are above our ways. He wants so much for us.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.-Isaiah 55:8-9

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.-Jeremiah 29:11


I was reading Ezekiel 37 the other day, where God has Ezekiel prophecy over the bones and then to breathe on the bones. Those bones got up and walked around! Those dead, dried out bones had tendons, and flesh, and skin and breathed! They became a vast army. If he can bring back to life dead, dried out bones, He can do anything!

What are you eagerly awaiting God to do in your life? Be encouraged!



Thanks for stopping by!

Leave a comment so I know you're here. Follow my blog so you don't miss a post. I'll be posting here on Wednesdays. I also post the first Thursday of the month at https://seriouslywrite.blogspot.com/

Check out my website, and sign up for my newsletter. I'm working on it now, and you don't want to miss it! https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sally! After *attending* the devotional class with you, I looked for your blog to see what you are writing. Certainly an important point not to get distracted! This has definitely been a time of distraction for me. And a very appropriate verse...Jeremiah 29:11. God does have plans for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherida! Thank you so much for commenting! Yes, God does have plans for us. Even in the distractions, he speaks to us. For the time when the distractions lessen. Some "distractions" can't be helped, caring for a loved one, having a family, but finding and setting priorities can help in making sure what we want to accomplish, can be accomplished. Praying for you, Sherida!

      Delete