Thursday, September 17, 2020

Author Spotlight: Jill Weatherholt

Hi friends! Today, our author spotlight is on Jill Weatherholt! Everyone, say hello to Jill! Without further ado, let's get to know Jill and her book A Home for Her Daughter.

 


 

  Author Bio:
By day, Jill Weatherholt works for the City of Charlotte. At night, and on the weekend, she writes contemporary stories about love, faith and forgiveness for Harlequin Love Inspired.

Raised in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., she now resides in Charlotte, North Carolina, but her heart belongs to Virginia.

She holds a degree in Psychology from George Mason University and Paralegal Studies Certification from Duke University.

She shares her life with her real-life hero and number one supporter. Their relationship grew on the golf course, and now they have one in their backyard.

Jill believes in enjoying every moment of this journey because God has everything under control.


Here's Jill!

Thanks so much for inviting me to share my latest release A Home for Her Daughter, Sally! It’s available in stores during the month of September and online always at my website, along with my other books.

Getting prepared for a release is never easy, especially with a full-time day job. This time around was more challenging as my fifth Love Inspired book was due on August 31st. To throw another ball into the mix, my next proposal, which includes a five page summary of the book along with the first three chapters, is due October 1st. This book was sold as part of a three book contract with only a one paragraph blurb, so I really don’t have a solid foundation at this point. Eek!

Since August of 2015, after winning a contract in a contest, I’ve been writing under contract for Harlequin Love Inspired. It’s been a whirlwind experience and an entirely different animal than writing for my eyes only.

Juggling story ideas in my 55-year-old brain is challenging. I’m not a writer who can write or work on two books at the same time, but sometimes I have no choice. I can be in the middle of writing a new book when SURPRISE, an email pops into my box with line or copy edits from my editor for the previous manuscript I’d submitted. Working on one project at a time isn’t an option when you’ve signed your life away on a multi-book contract, but it’s a blessing I never imagined and one I’m truly grateful for.

Another blessing is having met so many wonderful and supportive writers and readers during this journey. Thanks so much for hosting me today, Sally!

A Home for Her Daughter Blurb

One little girl could change her mom’s mind about love…

To give her daughter a brighter future…

she must leave the past behind.


Inheriting a house, money and a camp is the fresh start Janie Edmiston has been praying for. But the will stipulates Janie must work with her childhood friend—and crush—Drew Brenner, to get the camp running…or lose it all. The newly divorced mother and the widower aren’t looking for love, but sometimes it takes a child to show two broken hearts the way forward…together.



Purchase Link and to Contact Jill:

Website: https://jillweatherholt.com/

Friends, I sure hope you enjoyed getting to know Jill Weatherholt and A Home for Her Daughter.



Thank you so much for joining us, Jill!


If you're an author and you'd like to be showcased here, just let me know. Must be inspirational or clean, can be fiction or nonfiction.
Check out my website, connect with me, and sign up for my newsletter. https://sallyshupe.weebly.com/


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite to your lovely blog, Sally! I appreciate it. I'm thankful to say, since writing the post, I now have a solid foundation for my proposal due on October 1st. I better, right! Thanks again for being such a wonderful hostess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill! Thanks so much for being here. Yay to the proposal! Many blessings on your writing. Love your books!

      Delete
  2. Waving to Sally and Jill! So great to see one of my favorite authors featured today. I will attest, A Home for Her Daughter is a special story! And what a good reminder to enjoy each moment along the journey...even when juggling multiple books.....because God is indeed in charge. I’m blessed to call you both dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thanks so much, Sherida! I'm so pleased you enjoyed A Home for Her Daughter. I feel the same about you and Sally. Thanks for popping over!

      Delete
    2. Sherida, thanks so much! I'm blessed to call you friend! You are such a joy in my life!

      Delete
  3. Hi ladies! Congratulations on that three book deal. Juggling multiple books is a blessing.

    I love the interviews on Sally’s blog.

    A Home for Her Daughter sounds great. I need to check it out. My TBR stack has an opening. I’m a big believer in one book leaves the stack, another takes its place.

    Blessings Jill and Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri! Thank you so much. You're right, juggling a book deal is a blessing. When I get overwhelmed, I have to remind myself that God won't give me anything I can't handle, so I need to relax and trust. I love your thoughts on handling the TBR stack. My problem is when one book leaves five more seem to pop on my Kindle! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete